As far as our upcoming project and my overall thoughts on CMC in the classroom, I am most certainly a supporter. I feel as if the evidence of the benefits of the use of technology is overwhelming, and new innovations can only help us make use of it.
I have decided that my project will be an information gap activity (thanks, Delano!) I will use a Webquest to launch the schema for a unit or lesson, then find ways to assess in the different modes of communication. The details are still a little sketchy, since I am still novice to techniques and strategies which best manipulate the presence of technology in the classroom. Nonetheless, I feel strongly that technology can only aid in our goal of making FL education more communicative and meaningful for the students. We can only hope we have adequate access to it in our future careers!
4 comments:
Bonjour Brian! I too enjoyed the guest speakers last week and found their presentations interesting. How cool are smartboards?! I would love to use one in my future classroom but would DEFINATELY feel overwhelmed at first! After lots of practice i'm sure it would be a great resource to use!
I like the idea of using webquests and think it will make for a good 'mini project' idea. They can be great ways to integrate culture into the curriculum! Hope it goes well!
Brian-I like your post it is very honest. I too enjoyed the guest speakers last week. I wish we could have played around more with the Smart Board though! That thing is quite intriging!(sp?) I am glad that you are going to do your project with webquests because even though I am scared of most technology I am not scared of webquests and I can see the value in them as long as the task is organized and meaningful!
:)
Hey Brian!!
First of call thank you SO much for your really nice comments!!
Also, I think an information gap activity is really smart. We've seen in a lot of our readings that they have been successful. The question I had for you, and this is going to show my tech. ignorance ... but what is a webquest? hah
Info gap activities often work quite well but they require some good modeling before students can do them effectively! 10/10
Post a Comment