I started thinking about my final project during class on Monday and it was a little difficult. Research projects are always a little tough for me, b/c it seems that whenever I pick a good topic I can't find any articles of other people who have written on them. That is why I usually decide on a general topic first, then research articles and other materials, then formulate a final question based on the information I have found.
I have mainly decided that I want to work with blogs. The French are very big on blogging, so I know that there would be plenty of authentic materials to show to my students. The main questions I would like to consider are the effect that blogging has on incidental vocabulary acquisition, and if blogging as a social network can lead to greater writing proficiency. I still need to tweak that a little bit, but that's what I've got so far. See you in class on Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Both are interesting ideas -- you just need to choose and then fine tune!
10/10
I agree with you about research projects, I really am just no good at them. luckily i think i am doing mine on live chat, and then read our articles for class and there is a ton of research that has been done regarding that. but anywho, I like your question about incidental vocab aquisition.
Hi Brian,
As you suggest, we should work together on this project. I believe that the use of blogs in the writing classroom would create a collaborative learning environment, specially because blogs would offer a particular promise for these students, who would play the role of writers, thinkers, and reviewers.
Do you have any ideas which would be the aspects of the writing process approach? I was thinking about delving into feedback, editing, and publishing their writings.
Post a Comment