I had so much fun with the videos on Monday. I had missed the first class where we played with that, so it was kinda fun when I really got to mess with it. I think I'm going to use a native speaker I know to create some kind of video with info gap activities or just an exercise with comprehending a native speaker.
As far as ideas for an activity for students, I was thinking it would be fun for them to create a video collection of their projects, or simply as a culmination to another group assignment. This could be a presentation on a cultural issue that they have studied, or a role play activity on a communicative scenario or reenacting a story or scene from a literature piece that they have been studying. This could give them the chance to be truly creative, and to evaluate themselves on their performance speaking the language. I think I really enjoy an assignment like this as a student, so I think developing an activity like this for my students would be quite enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like all your video ideas. Students are so creative and a video project would really allow them to showcase their abilities. Recording students would likely motivate them to develop their speaking skills.
This link may give you some creative ideas:
how to cheat on the AP exam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dvogcuCge0
10/10
Hi Brian-
I do like your ideas about encouraging students to perform a piece of literature.
I believe that the fact students feel real performers may be a efficient source of motivation in developing their assignments -always, taking into account the individual differences.
At http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd6hHx418Qg&feature=related you will find out how more and more film depictions of partial or entire texts are being used in the classroom. For instance, this link recreates the classical and popular coming-of-age novella of The House on Mango Street (by Sandra Cisneros), which is represented by students from a literature class.
I cannot wait to see your project completed!
I also enjoyed playing with the videos in class. I think it would be fun for students to make a video but the rules would have to be set before making the video because you never know what some kids might come up with...but im sure you know how to handle those types! I would also like my students to make videos in their Spanish 1 class right now because they are learning about culture issues so I thought it might be neat for them to do some interviews with hispanic people at their high school. Its too bad I cant though because I only have a little bit more time with them.
That sounds like a good idea for a video project with the students. Oh, also the idea to have a native speaker in a comprehension/video activity sounds interesting. Great ideas...
Post a Comment